Role will report to Executive Director and will assist with the overall accounting and financial reporting of the organization. This will include bookkeeping; reconciling registration data to financial reporting using Excel and Access; business analysis and reporting; creating and maintaining team fee budgets/accounts; and assisting with the annual budget process.
Experience in accounting and Excel is required. An aptitude for communicating with members and staff to provide information, problem solve and analyze information is critical. Additionally, the role requires strict confidentiality of member information, financial information and Club level initiatives that the role will be directly and indirectly engaged in.
- Prepares internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from programs.
- Maintains and balances registration fees and data to the financial statements.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Reviews employee timecards and prepares payroll for review.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for program and organization-wide budgets by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information; preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 30-40 hours/week – exact days/hours fluctuate, majority of hours spent in office.
- Applicant must be proficient with Excel, Access and Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite (Drive/Sheets/Docs), Quickbooks and willingness to learn other applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and 1 to 3 years in similar position preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of Youth Soccer industry helpful, but not required
- Self- starter, task/detail oriented, able to oversee projects and keep on timelines, strong problem-solving skills, strong customer service/people skills.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and 3 references (no relatives) to Lisa Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.